I am the Head of Social Media at NATIVE VML and a lover of all things advertising and digital. In a previous life, I was a through-the-line copywriter for eight years and the social media account director for Ogilvy PR. My dream is for every South African to have free internet access. I believe the online world can be a greater connector and leveller than democracy. Idealistic? Me? Absolutely.
10 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I live between Joburg and Cape Town. I love both.
- I manage an incredible team of social media managers and a wide variety of social media accounts.
- I’m a massive cricket fan – ODIs, tests… love it. Twenty20 is just not cricket though.
- The most precious thing I’ve ever received is my degree.
- Single malt whisky is one of my reasons for living.
- I adore food markets and grocery stores. Barcelona has the best.
- I am a phenomenal cook and pretty good baker. Cooking is an art, baking is a science.
- My parents sell shoes. I used to get 80% of my shoes for free.
- I have no patience with willfully ignorant people.
- I had a cat called Boo. She was just like me. I miss her.