Am & Al

  1. Love is more important than a car, a job, a house or even a MacBook.
  2. I’m right about people 99% of the time. The other 1% just cause pain.
  3. I’m neurotic about the little things, calm about the big things.
  4. I love advertising, but I don’t consider it my calling.
  5. As long as my job involves writing and imagining, I’m happy.
  6. Be kind and give people a second chance, even if they don’t deserve it.
  7. Nothing is unforgivable if you love someone enough.
  8. Tolerance is the only way human beings will survive.
  9. Harm none, do what you will.
  10. Karma. What you put out into the world eventually comes back to you.
  11. Animals can be trained, humans can’t.
  12. Stalkers come in all shapes, sizes and levels of insanity.
  13. Organised religion is the antithesis of spirituality.
  14. I’d rather be a sensuous woman than a gamine girl.
  15. I quite like gamine girls.
  16. If everyone understood how jaw-droppingly spectacular evolution is, they wouldn’t believe stories about zombies.
  17. I’m over-protective of the people I love.
  18. You can’t protect the people you love.
  19. It’s good to dance until dawn sometimes.
  20. Great books are like friendships. Great films are like one-night-stands.
  21. When life gets too much, go surfing.
  22. Few things feel better than laughing hysterically with your best friend.
  23. Politics is beautiful in theory, ugly in practice.
  24. School teaches you to memorise. University teaches you to think.
  25. You don’t know what’s really important until someone you love dies.
  26. I have bizarrely eclectic taste in music, from Johnny Cash to Fatboy Slim.
  27. I sneeze when I go into the sun. It’s called the Photic Sneeeze Reflex.
  28. It’s good to be curious about everything, even if it gets you into trouble.

3 thoughts on “28 Things I’ve Learnt in 28 Years

  1. Hey Amanda
    Thanks for the info on photic sneeze reflex! I thought it was just me and my dodgy sinuses. I sneeze every single morning when I drive my son to school!
    At least I know what it is now.

    Nice blog post, honest.
    I think most of us like our jobs but have yet to find our calling….
    Here’s to the continued search.

  2. They’re also called “solar sneezes”. How cool does that sound? No chance I’ll be enjoying any in Cape Town soon though, the rain is relentless. Thanks for the compliment, I’ll drink to the continued search tomorrow.

Comments are closed.