- I will cook and bake for you until I need my hips replaced.
- I will never understand why you loved computer games. I’m so happy you don’t play them anymore.
- One day we will have a house with a garden and lots of dogs.
- I’m sorry darling but the dogs will be allowed in the house (although not on the bed).
- I only want children if they’re your children. Otherwise I’m not particularly interested.
- I will give our children all the things you missed out on. That includes making them sandwiches (I know I’ll regret this).
- I cannot be away from you for more than a week. My heart slows down too much.
- Our wedding day was, and still is, the happiest day of my life.
- I hope that I die before you. Selfish, I know.
- You are brilliant, seriously. And everything you’ve achieved has been done without a safety net.
- You are the bravest person I know.
- You are the most intelligent person I know. That said, I wish you’d read more books and less of The Economist.
- Your poetry is so good that it makes me jealous.
- I love how we can debate everything from game theory to Homer (Simpson).
- I forgot to get you a present again so this will have to do for now.
- I think you will forgive me since you were in Jo’burg yesterday while I was at home, sick and alone. Sniff.
- “Perdition catch my soul but I do love thee! And when I love thee not, chaos is come again.” (I know Othello is a little depressing but the passion is apt.)