* Sharing a bottle of wine with a friend while watching the sun set over the Atlantic.
* My mom’s crush on Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz.
* Dad complaining that my mother now watches more soccer than he does.
* My jewellery. I house it all in an art supplies box. None of it is really valuable, but certain pieces are talismans of memory. The flower necklace my friend Leanne gave me. The Geraldine Fenn lion pendant my husband gave me for our first anniversary. The Fossil watch my parents gave me on my 21st birthday.
* My degree. A BA in Politics and Journalism from Rhodes, it reminds me that I once perfectly understood Marx’s theory of historical materialism.